All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken.
A light from the shadow shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, August 13, 2010

Common sense please

Some people are just without common sense, nonsensical etc. whatever you wanna call them.

I wonder why I always have food issues with my housemates. A few generations of housemates, not one. I mean, how hard is it to just open your mouth to ASK if you are not sure the food belongs to which party instead of opening your mouth swallowing the whole thing into your stomach? Ridiculous.

One year ago, people stole my yogurt. Some nonsensical person had the guts to eat my takeaway. Some people thought they could trick me after using my soy sauce by adding water into the bottle. Someone ate my chocolate clearly without my consent.
Recently, I thought I was paranoiac about the quantity of my eggs inside the fridge. I felt they were decreasing, but then I was not so sure whether I ate them. One day I opened the fridge, saw only 2 lonely eggs there. From that point I guessed I was not paranoiac after all.


That day, I went to buy milk, wanna eat my unfinished cereals. Back at home, I opened the cabinet.
Gone. My cereal was gone!
My immediate thought was people threw it away 'cause they might think it was already empty (now think about it, unless they are deaf or daft only they would do that). Ok, was totally fine with that, since there were just a bit left anyway.

I have 3 housemates. 2 of them were friends who only came in during June.
The other day. I was informed by my third housemate that the 2 were actually eating my cereal, and they even invited her to eat along.
See.
I don't accuse people wrongly now do I? Ok, but still excusable since they thought the cereal were left by my ex-housemate who moved out, so it's justifiable for them to eat.
*hit Caps Lock* WELL, SINCE THE CEREAL WAS ALREADY GONE ANYWAY I COULD ONLY COMFORT MYSELF THAT WAY *Caps Lock off*
Again, how hard is it to just ask? Hello~ There are other 2 people in this house apart from you guys. Actually I also had the gut feeling that my cereal was decreasing,  but I didn't pay much attention then.

Today. I put my leftover white rice in a bowl, and put it in the fridge so I can make fried rice later. Well, the fridge was quite full, so I put the bowl at the upper section which the 2 friends put their food. My mistake for putting there, really. I just forgot I HAVE to move it to a safer place. Consequently, I found my bowl empty later, oh complete with a few biji rice in it.

>=/
I tried not to judge people, but obviously it's just not possible as human personalities are just waaaaaaay too judge-able. (Eh, circular reasoning? whateeeeeva)
I can bear with the party-ings, with the noises, with the rubbish, unwashed tableware yadda yadda, but don't mess with my food. I will eventually eat you. Ask, and I shall share happily (or hypocritically lol)

Oh damn the whole lack of common sense.
Frank Llyod Wright once said:

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

2 comments:

  1. There should really be a CCTV at all visible points of the kitchen.
    Another option is to do that "I'm watching you" tactic.
    I would gladly confront them and make a fuss about it, because food is very important. I would ... I WOULD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make a big fuss if I happen to spot them eating my food >=?

    ReplyDelete