All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken.
A light from the shadow shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nutrient-less writing

OOOOO.

Coincidences really impress me sometimes.
They are not worth ranting about, but they make the typical day a little bit weirder than other typical days.
When I encounter the elements from my random thoughts the next second after I had just thought about them, I'd be quite surprised.

Long time ago, while randomly browsing the internet and came across a band's profile, I thought that hm let's see if one of the members has the same birthday as me. It was a totally illogical stream of thought. And whoops, the drummer has the same birthday as me. "What the hell" wasn't enough to express what I felt. What was the chance of this happening, really? I stared at the profile and laughed quite sheepishly.

Just now, among the soliloquies I have with myself while reading a book on museums by different architects, I recalled a video of an interview of an architect which I saw in the lecture long ago. The architect was a famous one, he was interviewed about his design concepts on a particular building. The lecturer thought it was funny because one didn't expect that a famous architect with such eloquence in writing talked quite differently in an interview.

I was thinking hm who was the architect again? Was it xxx?
Then I flipped the page. Then there he is,  on the page, with said building.
I was like "Oooh there he is! Should be him~"
But wait. Why is it so convenient that his name just appears like that? I wasn't even predicting or trying to find out who he was, nor did I flip through the entire book yet.

It is a "hahaha" (in a dry way) circumstance, which is just funny. (Yea right......I am very easily entertained)

Or the circumstance in which you want to find a particular word in the dictionary, you grab the dictionary, open it, and your eyes spot the word the moment you open it. A spot-on situation. How convenient is that. Wonderful moment I guess? *dry laugh* That curiously happened quite a few times.

If only this is an ability that can be used. *Lottery here I come~~~8D *

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHHAHHAHAH those things that happen are really cool, weird, funny, etc. HAHAHHAHHHAA (They don't really happen to me, or maybe I just disregard it as a normal incidence as opposed to serendipitous coincidence)
    Yeah, should try lottery man you :D , cos if you win, you would be the one with the last laugh!
    p/s: learnt a new word from your blog "soliloquy". Good word, cos I always soliloquy-ing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those dry laughs as well? Heheh
    OH YEAH LOTTERYYY. I'd want to laugh until the end.

    ReplyDelete