All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken.
A light from the shadow shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

November, I have been waiting for you.

Oh. I had been through my biggest stress.
Every time I get stressed, the stress is bigger than the other, or I just forgot how stressed I was the last time. People tend to forget stressful events if they were relieved or became happy after that.

My talkative inner self returns tonight after being away for a few weeks.

The last time I got so stressed up was when I had to vomit out a concept video in less than 6 hours, that's the time frame I could barely afford to get all things done (6 hours for me is short) Not to mention that it was a group work by 2 people, so one person's work could greatly affect the other's marks. I could not afford to have my friend holding grudges over me if I should fail, and she seemed to believe that I could get things done in time (where came her confidence? lol). Editing and putting together a video is painful if you have to rush it. After preparing source images and soundtrack (stressful process number one), putting them together so that they synched is just oh-so-very stressful (stressful process number two). But I managed to get it done in time, though at the expense of not getting my other work done. 

The strain level can be described as this: You know you just can't stop doing work, you have to keep going because time ticks away, then you kind of work like a robot but can't speed up the process 'cause there is no way to speed it up except doing it bits by bits. Time ticks away and you can't speed up, ಠ_ಠ 
From that day onwards, I start to believe that human can achieve anything if they are desperate. Though one cannot really race pass time.


So I spent last week preparing presentation. I could barely cope. This was due to the fact that I changed my design 3 - 2 weeks before final presentation. It means that though the semester is 13-week long, I only used less than 3 weeks to develop things. It was not fun at all, but I changed it for good, and it turned out better than before. In the end, when presentation time was fast approaching and I was still at home finalising my works, half of my inner self gave up. Not giving up on presentation but giving up racing against time. Travelling to school would take 20 minutes, stuffing models into a box would take 10 mintes, getting my panels printed out would take more than 30 minutes. I didn't give a damn anymore though I know I sure would be late for my allocated presentation time. So tired, so strained. Working speed slower than ever. It was this moment that one started to curse the world for its existence.

In the end when I was finally at uni with my panels (the largest sum I had ever spent on printing, the sum is like, woah),  I was next to go presenting. I could only use the time when I was on the bus to think of what to talk. So I went and talked.

Then it was over.
I was the happiest human when it was over.
After that I slept for one whole day.

Because I slept for so long, I had a weird dream (What reasoning is this?). It was a battle-royale kind of dream. 4 troops of girls went to the jungle fighting against each other (they chose to go, no one forcing them), only 2 troops would survive. I was in one of the troops. From my memory in the dream, my troop was the winner last time in this battle royale thingy. Somehow we also survived this time, along with the other troop. These 2 troops will then fight each other again in another location to decide a winner. The girls in the other troop were rather normal before going through the jungle, but when they managed to come out of it, they all transformed into the  I-will-kill-whoever-standing-in-my-way  type. Ehemhem.

So this troop and my troop tried to eradicate one another. I don't really know how, the dream wasn't that clear about rules. Somehow the opponent troop got the upperhand and could use all facilities provided to them firsthand (by who-knows-who), and they occupied those places. My troop could only sneak into these facilities when the opponents were not around.

I can only remember the dream ended with a gun-firing scene, in a place where my troop thought was safe but in fact was already infiltrated by the enemy. The complexity of the dream goes beyond this and it even includes an organization from the manga "20th Century Boys" (One of my favourites). Man, it's ridiculous. Then I woke up. Then I slept again but the dream didn't continue.

Nawwwww. I want to know what happened! Or what would happen, actually.


Weird, just weird. Of all dreams that I could dream... ʘ_ʘ
I always want to dream about design concepts but they never happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment